Note that if you delete the node, the city name will no longer be rendered
on osm.org or Mapquest Open. Not sure about other renderings but I'm
guessing a lot of them do the same thing. Another way of fixing the
nominatim problem is to create a boundary relation for the city. Move the
tags from the way to the relation and then add the node to the relation
with a role of "label" as this will cause nominatim to merge the two into a
single entity while still rendering the name on the map.

Toby