On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 10:33 PM, Tom Bloom <tombloo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> TIGER drew thousands of driveways that are often simply wrong. They are
> tagged private and in my opinion spoil the map appearance with little red
> squiggles all over the place. No other map I've found includes them.
> Looking around the country, I notice some areas where they were removed,
> changed to service roads, drawn de novo, and one area (near Rosebud, OR)
> where they were inexplicably changed to living_street, which they just
> aren't.

When there is a house or building back from the road, I often add a
driveway. It makes it clear how to get to the building. For existing TIGER
ways (that actually exist) I would attempt to tag them correctly rather
than delete. In Western Washington they are often forest service roads that
may or may not still exist. Some become abandoned and are replanted or
overgrown.

Many of the forest service roads were classified as residential. Those need
to be fixed. We don't want a tourist to get lost in the mountains.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us