Don’t recall if it was on talk-us or tagging, but yes there was a recent
discussion on this.

If I recall correctly it seemed access=destination was preferred if you were
going to tag an access value.

But since a significant number of driveways (nearly all?) are not physically
through roads there is little danger of a router directing you on it unless
your destination is on the driveway, so tagging an access=* really isn’t needed
most of the time.

—Tod