Hi Gerhardus,

I think there is a very strong inherent relation tying together all the
Gautrain bus routes, such as them being operated by the same buses, with
the same card for payment, same operating hours, ending at the same
terminal, etc. I certainly would not take it any further, like your
examples of "bus routes in gauteng" or "M roads in South Africa" would
suggest.

Relations are there to logically tie inherently-coupled aspects
together. If you feel that the specific intent of "route master" is
being abused here, however, we could use a different relation that ties
the routes of the same "service" together.

I guess your argument is that, if you wanted to query all the gautrain
bus routes from the data, you could simply get all bus routes where
operator="Gautrain" - which will certainly work, it's just not as
structurally "direct".

I'll certainly not feel offended if anybody removes the route master
relation - it just made sense at the time.

Dawid

Op Do, 2013-11-07 om 14:53 +0000 skryf Gerhardus Geldenhuis: