Hi Rod,

Thanks for getting me on the right track that the apps were
causing the problem. Yesterday I went into the GW Micro
folder and deleted a bunch of apps and eventually got
Window-Eyes to at least start without immediately shutting
down. I think I'll just uninstall Window-Eyes, reinstall it
and then disable the ones causing the trouble as you suggested.

Oh, for the days of simple set files!

Tom

** Your Message **
>Hi Tom,
>
>I am running Window-Eyes with build 2004 on both Windows 10
Home and Pro with no problems.
>At one time, there were a number .of apps which cause errors
and prevented Window-Eyes from even starting.
>You can get Window-Eyes to start without apps running by
starting Window-Eyes and then immediately holding down the
Shift key and holding it down until it starts.
>In the Window-Eyes control panel, in the Apps menu, there is
an option called App Management.
>If you then open App Management using right arrow, the first
option is called App Status.
>You can then press right arrow again and then one of three
options wil always be checked, On, Off, or Manual.
>Indeed, holding down the Shift key when you start
Window-Eyes sets Apps to Manual.
>Normally, it will be set to On, and once you disable
whatever apps you think may be causing problems, you would
set it to On.
>A while back, the following apps caused me problems until I
disabled them, although they don't seem to be doing so now.
>Anyway, you could disable all of these, and Window-Eyes will
work fine.
>Eloquence Fix
>Hotspot
>JAWS quick key
>WEDiag
>Windows Enhanced
>
>You would then just set your app status back to On and you
should be good to go.