80n wrote:
> Alex
> I've made some changes to the lowzoom stylesheet and done some test
> rendering.
>
> A small vertical strip in the middle of this tile has been re-rendered
> with the new stylesheet:
> http://b.tah.openstreetmap.org/Tiles/tile/8/67/98.png (south-west of
> Cincinnati if you want to look at closer on a slippy map).
>
> I've made the following changes:
> 1) State borders are thicker
> 2) Secondary roads are narrower and the colour saturation has been reduced
> 3) Railway lines are a little blacker.

State borders are definitely an improvement.

I'm not sure about the secondary roads.  At zoom 8, the previous render
looks good, but it gets overwhelming once zoomed out a bit. (starting
around zoom 6 I guess?)  Maybe just the narrowing, without touching the
color would be better?  Or maybe less reduction of the saturation.

Railway lines are a big improvement, but should probably be a touch
darker yet..  (IMO their visibility should be just below that of primary
roads; they're currently just below secondary in visibility.)

-Alex Mauer "hawke"