80n wrote:

> I've made the following changes:
> 1) State borders are thicker
> 2) Secondary roads are narrower and the colour saturation has been reduced
> 3) Railway lines are a little blacker.

I have no opinion, but will add an observation that inconsistent
tagging makes for a similar or larger difference.  The
Scandinavian countries need to become more consistent in tagging
before your changes will make any significant difference.

In Sweden, one type of roads are tagged as secondary or tertiary
in different parts of the country (by different contributors).
This produces the same kind of reduction in colour saturation as
in your example.

Railroads in Finland are rendered very black (e.g. Osmarender
zoom=7).  I don't know why.

Roads that Swedes tag as primary, Finns and Norwegians tag as
trunk.  On the lower zoom levels (mapnik, zoom=6), the map of
Finland and Norway is full of green roads, but the map of Sweden
is almost blank (because primary roads are not rendered).

--
  Lars Aronsson ([EMAIL PROTECTED])