El Jueves, 9 de Octubre de 2008, Peter Miller escribió:
> > The share-alike licenses, however, control the *way* you have to release
> > the data, *if* you want to release it.
>
> I think we want someone who derives a better/new DB from OSM data to make
> that available if they use that data for publically available product.

*If* someone derives a DB, and they make a *publicly* available product out of
it, they must make *public* the DB.

My point is that if someone uses a derived DB in a "non-public way", they
aren't required to disclose or publish the DB.

> To be clear if you are only using the standard public OSM Dataset then you
> wouldn't have to publish any derivative dataset because there isn't one.

You have to let people extract data from your DB. But, guess what, it's the
main OSM DB, so anybody can already extract data.

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta compleja.