I feel really silly for having missed this thread earlier. It's a
corker, with a real live BAN POTLATCH!!! and everything.

People who'd like to test osm2go out on the desktop (and, ahem, like to
build things from source, and are running a recent Debian-based system)
might like to try out:

   svn co https://garage.maemo.org/svn/osm2go/branches/ports/debian

Working on freedesktop and Debian menu integration right now, though any
feedback and patches at all will be gratefully accepted.

The target environment is going to be - initially - small-screened
netbook machines like EeePCs. I'll be syncing from trunk and integrating
my changes back regularly too, so that ought to keep some of the desktop
bloat some people have feared out of the core program.

I'll upload some binary packages for common Debian-style systems later
this week, once I've sorted out a package build script that works with
our svn conventions. Apologies for the delay here.

--
Andrew Chadwick