John Smith wrote:
> --- On Wed, 5/8/09, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
> > Where we fail is that we don't have anything less significant than
> > unclassified for non-residential areas. In particular, country roads
> that
> > aren't particularly routable, but still have a passable
> > standard of upkeep (i.e. a road, not a track).
> This is what I was trying to explain.

Ok, but that's not what your proposal says on the wiki. (You're
delta_foxtrot2, right? I do wish people would be consistent with
names/pseudonyms...)

"I am proposing highway=rural for roads that wouldn't be classified as
tertiary due to low volumes of traffic. Rural roads are generally single
lane, generally unsealed but all weather. Rural roads may or may not be
through roads they are for connecting farms to urban areas and between urban
areas where the funding hasn't been made available to seal the road."

That's proposing highway=rural as something less significant than tertiary
(bad, we already have unclassified for that), not something less significant
than unclassified (good, we don't have anything like that in rural areas).

cheers
Richard