2009/8/26 Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:29 AM, John Smith<delta_foxt...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> --- On Wed, 26/8/09, Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Pre-processor finds a stop sign, looks for the nearest junction node which
>> it would already know is a junction for routing purposes.
>
> Not too bad when you put it like that. Thanks :) If this is written up
> as a proposal, I would prefer it worded like that (with reference to a
> *requirement to stop* at the *nearest junction node* when *approached
> from the way on which the node is placed*), rather than referring to
> "stop signs".

What about railway crossings?  I've seen railway crossings with no
lights, gates or similar, just a stop sign.  Usually way out in the
middle of nowhere, so there may not be a routable junction for quite
some distance, and even if there was, the sign doesn't apply to that
junction anyway. Would a railway/road crossing count as a "nearest
node junction", or would it try and apply it to something else?

Stephen