The metrics TeleAtlas and NAVTEQ give you are all smokescreens and
impossible to verify. Completeness and spatial accuracy are interesting but
what will be your reference to measure against? What I think is interesting
is something you could call crowd quality, where you measure things like how
many users have been active in an area, what is their experience /
reputation, and how does their mapping activity affect individual features:
how many versions, growing attribute richness, spatial convergence. If you
can correlate this to the 'objective' quality metric (completeness,
accuracy) you could predict how "good" OSM is even in places where you don't
have any reference data to measure against.

Martijn van Exel +++ m...@rtijn.org
laziness – impatience – hubris
http://schaaltreinen.nl | http://martijnvanexel.nl |
http://oegeo.wordpress.com/