On Fri, Feb 10, 2012, at 02:13 PM, John Sturdy wrote:
> I've realized from doing this (and from guessing I won't be the only
> remapper working this way) that it might be worth re-instating the
> "noname" option to the slippy map, for a period around the changeover
> date (perhaps from around now, until remapping has largely been done).
>
> Any thoughts on this?

The NoName layer is still available at Cloudmade Maps (click on 'change
style': http://maps.cloudmade.com/
Though it often seems to be months out of date, so I'm not sure how
useful it actually is.

There are a few other layers highlighting missing streetnames.
eg OSM Inspector (with highways view): http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/
Or Yet another validation tool: http://beta.letuffe.org/
They seem to be updated frequently.

Craig