On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Michael Krämer <ohr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think local law might apply even if you're somewhere else.

Ergh, that's an interresting new concept. My friends tell me the same
when they smoke joints : it's legal in Netherland ;-)

> I'm not a lawyer
I confirm.

Btw, I remember the same issue raised in Russia few months ago. I
don't know what is the consensus there. The main issue with putting
something locally forbiden in OSM is that you create huge difficulties
for the local community: they cannot use anymore global services
provided remotely like map tiles or planet extracts. Basically, you
will enforce them to do everything locally (filtered) when they don't
have necessarily the resources for that.

Pieren