John,

On 04/24/2013 03:56 PM, the Old Topo Depot wrote:
The proposed mark is very well suited as a replacement.  It is simple,
minimalistic, and works well on a variety of backgrounds.

You wrote the above as a "+1" to a statement from Mike Cuttler that said
    What should be done first is establishing good visual identity for
    OpenStreetMap, primarily through logo (both long 'OpenStreetMap' and
    short 'OSM' version) with special attention for usability - meaning
    that we should be able to put it everywhere and brand would be
    recognizable.

Are you therefore saying that what has been designed as an attribution mark should be our new logo, or are you saying that there does not have to be a likeness between the logo and the attribution mark?

Bye
Frederik