Before we get in to too much bike shedding: the CWG (as essentially our
marketing arm) has been asking for more help for a long time. Net we
have had less and less volunteers there over time.

The CWG would clearly be the place to engage in such a discussion. I'm
not sure that "re-branding" would be the correct term, since, as has
been noted, I don't believe we haven't ever really undertook a
conscious  overall branding exercise (there have been multiple aborted
attempts to have a new logo in the past though).

Simon