Hi,

On 04/24/13 16:28, Kathleen Danielson wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly with Mike's points about the current branding
around the project. However, as there has been generally positive
feedback for the design of this attribution mark,

I think that the positive feedback is mainly because the new design is better than the first attempt, not because everyone thinks "oh great, high time that finally someone solves the pressing attribution problem".

Frankly, I've made OSM maps and web sites for five years or so and never had a problem with adding the required attribution. My al lmeans let people use an attribution mark if they want but I don't really understand the problem it solves.

I also disagree with Alex's idea of "Only where the mark can't be used, "© OpenStreetMap Contributors" may be used." - I think the attribution mark can be made an option if people think it solves a problem, but fully naming OpenStreetMap is in my opinion *better* than any mark and should not be discouraged in favour of the mark.

Bye
Frederik