Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote

>What do I think? I think code counts - good quality, robust, deployable
>code. Routing will happen on the front page pretty much instantly if
>someone
>comes up with a top-quality UI and the resources to make it happen. So
>far
>they haven't. You can have all the mailing list discussions like this
>in the
>world, but they don't make anything happen in themselves apart from,
>usually, sapping the energy of those who _do_ code...

OSM seems pretty good at drives to raise cash. How about a drive to find
developers to fix some of these things? It seems to me that there are a lot of
university departments getting free geodata of the backs of OSM contributors
efforts and it would nice if some of them gave something back.

Another benefit of a "wiki style" homepage might be that the top jobs needing
developers could be exposed to a much wider audience than is the case right now.

Kevin