Barry Hunter wrote:
>The new setup seems to be saying 'if you are not here to map go away!' If
>this is really the case then perhaps we need a NEW site for those of us who
>contribute data with a view to actually using it live?
http://open.mapquest.co.uk/

? That is a site for "end users" of OSM created maps.

In many ways OSM is a data provider, it doesnt have the resources to
create website for end users (as such).

Now I've now found the 'html' option on the OSM map, and along with the link and short link these target the same map. Simply replacing the URL with the mapquest one does not provide a working link, and in any case the rendering of roads in this area is simply wrong ... and that is the whole reason for using the links in contact pages.

If a service is not going to be provided then it should not be prominent on the front page? In any case, the embeded map is provided via OSM and so maintaining a compatible rendering in the follow on link is important, switching to one with a different style on another site seems wrong? If we were providing these pages ourselves then we would still be using the OSM tile server? I got around 50% of the way through rendering my own set - after 7 days - but the tiles were already well out of date :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL