Edward,

This is a great work but ... If you are able to add wikidata ID to OSM objects, why not building an API to do so instead of just adding tags to OSM objects ?

An API would allow QA tools to help complete data in both WMF projects and OSM, for instance, among other unexpected interesting services.

Whence the import is done, your work seems useless, while your code can help build a more powerful tool.

Yves
(I could do with wikidata tags in OSM, but in that case I'm pretty sure we miss something.)