Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nicker...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In my mind this is a good move and should be supported. Point 3 above could
> be resolved by running the script regularly to see if there are any new
> matches. There have also been some good suggestions on this list such as a
> KeepRight style (i.e. QA) map where problematic objects (e.g. script finds
> more than one match) can be manually reviewed, confirming whether the
> script conflicts with any existing wikidata tags in OSM, checking whether
> the script would add a wikidata tag to an object when there is already a
> different object in OSM with that wikidata tag, and a check on the 400m
> distance rule [2].
>
> Are these things possible Edward?

I can certainly make a list of cases where there are multiple OSM objects
matching a single Wikidata item. Building the interface for viewing and fixing
them might be more tricky, it is probably not something I can build right now.

I've written the code to look for conflicts. You can see the results here:

http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/mismatches.html

I've been thinking about my choice of 400m for the matching. I'm going to
change the matching criteria to include a distance field, then set a low
distance (200m) for things like restaurants, and a much higher distance (50km)
for bigger areas, like national parks.

Thanks for the summary Rob, it is really helpful.
--
Edward.