On 2015-06-03 12:08, Shaun McDonald wrote:
On 3 Jun 2015, at 07:00, Maarten Deen <md...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

I agree that in every case where oneway=yes is not implied, oneway=no is superfluous (in a network design way), but that does not make oneway=no superfluous.

There are some cases where oneway=no is useful. For example an area
where there is lots of one way streets and only a few that are two
way, adding the oneway=no confirms that the data is correct rather
than the oneway=yes being missing. Similarly where a street was oneway
previously and has recently been made two way, this makes it explicit
that it is now two way in addition to whatever changeset note there
may be.

Yes, that's why I said "in a network design way". Looking at the data, oneway=no is not necessary on any object where it is not implied. However, adding it does make clear to people editing the map that it is not an omission if surrounding objects are all oneway=yes.

Regards,
Maarten