On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 7:43 PM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:

> tl;dr version: linking to wikidata is probably ok, including wikidata
> could be a minefield.

I don't think anybody was actually suggesting to include bits and pieces of
Wikidata into *the* OSM database. I think the idea is for third parties to
use Wikidata as a complementary source to fill in the bits and pieces that
are not in OSM (either by design or by incompleteness). Of course, those
third parties are well advised of the legal minefield that you mention.

On the other hand, I don't think OSMF also warrants that the OSM database
is really fully ODbL-compliant in its entirety all the time. If some
copyright violations were added and then discovered, the DWG will revert it
and further redact it if necessary. But somebody may have gotten the
tainted minutely changesets before the violation is discovered.

So the advice of being wary of Wikidata's CC0 license should also be the
same advice for OSM's ODbL license.