On 9/12/2015 11:40 AM, Clifford Snow wrote:
I am meeting with one of the key players in Seattle's cycling clubs to pitch doing a presentation to their membership. I'm interested in hearing from cyclists on why and how OSM is useful to them. I have no problem talking about the open data concept and incorporating slippy maps, but I want to make sure I cover the salient points that would interest cyclists. If you know of any websites that use bike routes or otherwise make use of OSM data that would really be great.

_Phone apps that display cycling specific information;_

OsmAnd (both android and Iphone) has a configuration for cyclists that brings to the fore cycling POIs - bicycle shops, water sources. Also brings up cycling routes - making them easily seen. Less well displayed are cycling lanes etc. Mapsone (?) (Iphone only) has a good topographical display. Not played with this myself.

_Web based things _
http://cycling.lonvia.de/en/
http://opencyclemap.org/
http://www.cyclestreets.net/journey/