On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Paul Norman <penor...@mac.com> wrote:

> For what points to pitch, I'd suggest
>
> - Crowd-sourced, so they can edit themselves, meaning they can get fixed
> data in minutes to days, not quarters to years

This is my goal. More mappers. They can use other sources, but OSM is
really the only one that they can actually improve.

> - Useful for cycling advocacy, as it presents a more accurate less
> car-focused set of data, and the open tools around OSM make it easier to
> draw potential options

Can you help me understand this better? Maybe an example.

> - I'd avoid "open data" as in the US that's often taken to mean working
> with government data.

 I agree that getting into the cities "open data"  is a can of worms. I
plan to talk how they can use OSM's data in apps, maps, etc., just for the
cost of attribution.

> - Areas like the North Shore in Vancouver have mountain paths which aren't
> in and will never be in "official" datasets, but are essential if you're
> cycling there. I'm not sure if there's analogous areas in the Seattle area.

Got a link to the area? Be fun to show.

> What area does the club focus on? (e.g. mountain biking, commuter cycling,
> etc)

Basically it's an organization that supports cyclists. Check out their
wikipedia page at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascade_Bicycle_Club.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us