To start OSMAND off line map with cycle selected for the routing, nice if
you have a GPS android device.  The difficulty with cycling is the rules
vary from place to place in Canada for example cycling on sidewalks is not
permitted but often cyclists will cycle ten yards on the sidewalk in order
to link up two nice bits of cycling route but you wouldn't suggest it on a
map.

There is a site that gives three types of cycling routes fast direct,
medium and back streets only for safety but unfortunately I can't recall
the name.

Maperitive can give you a cycle orientated map on a lap top.

Cheerio John