On 21 September 2016 at 09:25, Jochen Topf <joc...@remote.org> wrote:
> On Mi, Sep 21, 2016 at 01:33:28 +0200, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
>> On 1 September 2016 at 15:04, Jochen Topf <joc...@remote.org> wrote:
>> > So, if somebody adds the rendering to the infobox (and tells me about it),
>> > I'll pull that data from taginfo and can put it in the taglist tables.
>>
>> I added it to the infobox as osmcarto-rendering.
>
> Just looked at this and it isn't the greatest format for parsing by
> taginfo due to the wiki-specific syntax:
>
> osmcarto-rendering=[[File:Supermarket-14.svg|14px]]
>
> Could we make it like the "image" attribute instead, just the name of
> the image file?
>
> image=Image:Sainsbury'sGlos.jpg
>
> Or a real URL?

Sure, I fixed this now.

> The size shouldn't be something you have to supply with it, the user
> should decide on the size, using whatever size fits into whatever the
> user is doing.

In this case I think the size is actually valuable data. It would be
nice if the wiki could display the icons real size. For example, shop
icons should be displayed small, while pieces of landuse rendering
should be displayed bigger. I therefore added an extra field to the
InfoBox, specifying the rendering size in openstreetmap-carto. Feel
free to either user this field or ignore it in your application.

-- Matthijs