On Thursday 03 August 2017, Simon Poole wrote:
> Dear all
>
> The LWG would like to start a period of public review and
> consultation on our draft trademark policy, that we intend to bring
> forward to the OSMF board for adoption as a formal policy, please see
> the text here:
>

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Trademark_Policy#OpenStreetMap_Tr
>ademark_Policy

Am i reading this right that to comply with both the ODbL and the
trademark policy i would have to - when using OSM data - add both

Contains data Copyright OpenStreetMap Contributors

and

OpenStreetMap is a trademark of the OpenStreetMap Foundation, and is
used with their permission. This product is not endorsed by or
affiliated with the OpenStreetMap Foundation.

Also i am not sure if according to this policy i would have to obtain
permission from the OSMF to use the term 'OpenStreetMap' when
advertising commercial services and products based on OpenStreetMap
data.  This could be considered to fall under 3.3
(nominative/referential use) but 3.3.3 specifically excludes commercial
purposes.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/