On Friday 04 August 2017, Simon Poole wrote:

> I don't quite see why you believe there is a conflict, nominative
> use, for example in the description of a product or service, is a
> completely different kettle of fish than use in a product/service
> name or on or as part of a product.
>
> Example the difference between saying "XY utilizes OpenStreetMap(TM)
> data to do Z" and naming a product "OpenStreetMap XY".

Nominative/referential use and including 'OpenStreetMap' in the name of
a product are not mutually exclusive.

Geofabrik for example offers a product called "OpenStreetMap Data in
Layered GIS Format" [1] - that is certainly a nominative use but at the
same time also "sell(ing) stuff with OSM’s brand on it" as per section
3.4.

[1] http://www.geofabrik.de/data/geofabrik-osm-gis-standard-0.7.pdf

--
Christoph Hormann