Mar 1, 2019, 11:25 AM by si...@poole.ch:

> And specifically on the issue with Mapbox customers, one of the      results
> of the 2014 discussions was this statement by Mapbox >
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lxbarth/diary/21847
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/lxbarth/diary/21847>>  which a)
> states that the attribution is be default expanded, and b) that      should
> be the case "> whereever possible" > which in our      understanding>  >
> limits the use of a default collapsed      attribution to cases where it is
> physically impossible to show the      expanded version, for example very
> small map snippets.  In 2014 we      felt that this was acceptable (we don't
> have an formal statement      on this iirc), and I would go out on a limb and
> say that it would      still be considered a reasonable guideline.>

Thanks for pointing me to it! I commented there about two cases where Mapbox
itself is
using OSM data without attribution.

Hopefully this time I will get an useful reply from Mapbox (so far I tried
contacting support
but I got no useful reply since 24th January) - though after 4 years author of
diary entry
may no longer work at Mapbox.

If anyone has idea how to contact  somebody at Mapbox who is able to fix missing
attributions in Mapbox examples/docs - let me know.