On Thu, 31 Oct 2019, 02:15 Jeffrey Friedl, <jfri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > And the hypocrisy goes on. "Strava launches gorgeous new outdoor maps"
> https://blog.mapbox.com/strava-launches-gorgeous-new-outdoor-maps-977c74cf37f9
>
> I'm not sure what you're reporting, but the maps all have "© Mapbox ©
> OpenStreetMap" in the lower-left
> corner.  (Perhaps they were cut off in some of the screenshots in news
> coverage, but the actual maps in
> the Strava app and on their web site all have this attribution.)  I
> suppose that they could use a slightly
> stronger background shadow, to create more contrast when the map behind
> the attribution is light.

*that is not
true. https://twitter.com/mastermen/status/1127672128797663239?s=09
<https://twitter.com/mastermen/status/1127672128797663239?s=09>*
*I have reported that to them and obviously didn't get a reply from their
side. *
*from the moment they use OSM they agreed with it's terms and the
reasonable calculated notice (which they don't have on the example of the
Medium article 8 shared). a corporate member of OSMF not knowing and not
complying with the attribution is a bad example. *