So technically, i can extract frames of a movie at any ammount i want and then mix then to recreate a movie. doesn't make sense.

Às 17:56 de 31/10/2019, Kathleen Lu escreveu:
Nuno, this isn't about what the license allows, it's about the law. You can't re-write the law. What the law allows it would allow even if there was no license at all. And I would also note that, frankly, the EU is the outlier in this respect in having database protections at all (and I would not say that even EU database protections would prohibit as small an excerpt as a screenshot, though "substantial" is undefined in the Directive). The majority of the world does not have database protections, so if any analogy is fair, it's a bit of the reverse, with the EU being a "database haven".