I respect that, for as far as it goes.  This particular issue is specifically
called "no code" and for that simple reason alone does not resonate well in
many minds as "good intersection with GitHub."  Besides, who says a contract
(license) with GitHub intersects well with OSM and its open-data / open-tools
philosophy, again?  You?  For this case?  Masses of the silent?

I hear your preference, I doubt it is "masses" either way.  There might be
significant numbers, though there are significant numbers of wiki authors and
contributors and have been for the entirety of OSM.  Wiki is not only a
well-established channel, it may be one of the better or even best ones.
GitHub?  Mmmm, no, and while it does have its place, it is not as a direct
substitution for any particular notification or documentation system (these are
different, true).  As for the wiki "isn't the easiest" OK, thank you for your
opinion, but I continue to call it "easy."  Very low bar of entry (especially
as one is already an OSM volunteer), unlike GitHub which requires a separate
contract (essentially, of adhesion).  I don't have a secret-sauce walkie-talkie
like you do (and you won't have all of mine, is the point), but we all have
wiki access built into OSM.

You might be tempted to say "OK, Boomer" and I'd be rightly miffed, but I'd
prefer to reduce rancor and simply observe, yet again, "yes, both."  Only, not
a lot of people naturally gravitate to a "non code issue" as GitHub as their
first go-to, the contradictory nature of that seems clear to me and many.

The wiki, maybe yes, maybe no, (there is wiki, there are others) but yes should
neither surprise nor annoy, nor does it.

SteveA