Mar 11, 2020, 15:37 by si...@poole.ch:

> As I wrote (conveniently ignored in the noise of the vigilante      rampage):
> "

I guess that people were irritated by describing gentle reminder about license
requirements
using pejorative terms ("deface") where their applicability was dubious.

> The safe, I admit also the less fun, option, is to      simply block access
> after giving any required notice."

And note that in case of OSMF-served tiles no notice is required.

See https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/

"Clearly display license attribution." is in explicit requirements,
and given overloaded servers

"should any users or patterns of usage nevertheless cause problems to
the service, access may still be blocked without prior notice."

applies anyway.

"access may be withdrawn at any point" is later repeated.