On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 03:45:17PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12.06.20 15:22, Dave F via talk wrote:
> > There is a lot of negativity about large changsets, but assessment of
> > them should be based on quality, not quantity.
>
> Yes, we're not discussing a popup that says "You dumbass, why did you
> create a world-spanning changeset?" ;)
>
> The way in which editors deal with that would likely differ; in JOSM it
> might be a popup that says "are you sure?" and in ID it might be a
> floating warning somewhere.

I'd rather let josm not download additional data in some distant
spot as long as you have unpushed changes.

Same could be with id - dont let user pan/zoom aways to distant spots
without first pushing their changes.

By this you actually force the use to split their changes spatially.
It will still let you edit big objects as you loaded them in the first
place.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de