sent from a phone

On 2. Aug 2020, at 17:09, Andy Townsend <ajt1...@gmail.com> wrote:

GPX track waypoint handling is the biggest missing piece of functionality for me, so you can start with that one if you wish

I guess this is about not handling symbols?

Not really - see https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/6368/in-josm-is-it-possible-to-see-gpx-track-waypoint-details for information.

If there's a better answer available now (which is entirely possible - I asked that question 9 years ago!) then I'd suggest adding it at that help question.  See also https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/7675/josm-is-it-possible-to-convert-an-individual-waypoint-in-a-gpx-file-to-a-node which is somewhat similar.

Best Regards,

Andy