Vào lúc 00:59 2023-01-03, Simon Poole đã viết:
Not quite unexpected this discussion has already gone off on a tangent about stable ids. My question on the other hand would be: what do you actually want to achieve and what would you expect an application to do with the parameter?

Furthermore, would these goals align with the goals that the IETF laid out for the geo: URI scheme in RFC 5870?

* Compact
* Simple
* Human-readable
* Protocol-independent

An OSM element ID is compact, and a number is simple. But an element ID by itself is neither human-readable nor protocol-independent. This sounds more like a proposal for a new URI scheme that happened to latch onto geo: because it's also about geography.

While I think it would be an uphill battle to convince the IETF that OSM is important enough to have its own standard URI scheme, it would be much more feasible to register a URN namespace under the urn: scheme. For example, node 8330986510 could be <urn:osm:node:8330986510>.

You could think of it as the machine-readable analogue to how mappers often refer to "node 8330986510" in the middle of a sentence. It would allow software to decide whether to resolve the URN as:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8330986510
https://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/8330986510
https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/ui/search.html?q=n8330986510
etc.

A formal, keyword-like URN namespace can be registered with IANA as long as it meets some requirements. [1] It needs to have organizational backing, which sounds like a role for the OSMF or one of its working groups. A given URN would need to be stable: for example, if one refers to a particular restaurant in Medellín, then the restaurant can close and be deleted in OSM, but the URN can never refer to a barber shop just because a mapper repurposed the OSM node to represent the barber shop across the street.

IANA also accepts informal, sequentially numbered namespaces that aren't subject to these constraints. For example, there's an informal namespace for Wikitravel, which uses Wikitravel article names (just as stable as OSM Wiki article names) as the identifier string following the namespace. [2] Someone would just need to write up an application and send it to IANA, but I suspect it still need to convincingly answer the question, "What for?"

[1] https://www.iana.org/assignments/urn-namespaces/urn-namespaces.xhtml
[2] https://www.iana.org/assignments/urn-informal/urn-6

It should be noted that we already have a couple of URI schemes in use for OSM based tools/editors, and naturally the website object/element browsing support.

Simon