Le 19.04.23 à 13:50, Matija Nalis a écrit :
StreetComplete places kerb=raised by itself on a node where a footway meets a
road

on the shared node between the footway and a road ?
well it's not a SC news, highway=crossing combinaison
have a high number of kerb=*, valid !
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/highway=crossing#combinations

The bad news is that there are now about 1,500 nodes tagged barrier=kerb
kerb=raised that really shouldn’t have the barrier=kerb tag.

I don't understand the mix

kerb=* (raised or not) without a highway=crossing
is a kerb at this location and is thus a barrier=kerb
or a missing highway=crossing [1] [2]

kerb=* on highway=crossing isn't a barrier because
it is a property that describes a nearby element (like
bin=yes on a bus stop) and is therefore 1170 errors
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1tZo

How would people feel about editing them all in one go, following the automated
edit code of conduct?

I propose doing something like this

     use Overpass (query) to get all barrier=kerb kerb=raised nodes on roads

you forget all values other than kerb=raised
you forget the highway=service which have the same problem

I propose a simpler logic:
highway=crossing + barrier=* is an error -> check a series of cases
to see if it is correct to mechanically remove barrier=* (for me : ok)
For the others [3], see case by case, I have only encountered cases where highway=crossing is missing, removing barrier=kerb is not wrong but it only solves half of the problem

see if it was created_by iD

SC also add it [4]
how will you do this mechanically?

Regards,
Marc

[1] valid kerb=raised on a road https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1936886800
[2] missing highway=crossing https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6447916337
[3] barrier=kerb on road without highway=crossing https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/1tZx
[4] SSC adding barrier=kerb on highway=crossing