Hi

Thanks

I've gone ahead with the edit now, after being encouraged to do so in the
community forum. You can see the changesets here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/osmuser63783-bot/history

I get it - the suggestion which tag to use instead should come from the
community, not from an app developer, and this mailing list isn't the place for
this discussion.

I feel like I should add that I stumbled upon this issue before someone else
pointed out in the German forum that it leads to routing issues. I only
proposed this edit because I think there was a more general data problem.

Thanks all.