Hello Rick,
Monday, June 6, 2011, 12:18:19 PM, you wrote:

> Why would ANYONE on the Beta Test list be considering moving back to v4 ?

Because they installed the official release of V5 a few months back assuming
that it went through a full beta and would work fine with maybe  a few minor
bugs.  What they found was a release that should never have seen the light of
day.  It's really  really bad.  Did I have enough really's in there... really,
really bad.... They were hoping that they would get fixes for the multitude of
problems with the official V5 release.
  I installed the official release and had so many issues with filters, AV,
twice daily hangs and virtual folder issues, that I was spending over an hour a
day just dealing with my email client bugs.  So, I was on this beta list hoping
to find quick fixes, making the stupid assumption that all my problems with the
official release would soon be fixed.
  As I watch this list, I can say with no doubt that none of the bugs that I
have are fixed yet.  These are major issues and still not fixed. This is
incredible. Really poor management at RitLabs.
 IMHO Release 5 is still beta and if you want to run production, V4 is the only
way to go.  So, I am back to 4 for production, still using 5 for beta testing
and waiting patiently to see my bugs fixed, however, if past history ( read the
threads about all the IMAP issues) is any indication, maybe we will have to
wait for v6 after we pay for the upgrade to get basic v5 functionally.
  What I don't understand...  Can anyone answer this... I check the official
TheBat list and I do not see that much activity.  Does that mean that no one
new has purchased TheBat???  Does it mean that the new users don't know that it
is seriously broken?  Does it mean that we, beta  testers, are the only
users...  If there were a substantial list of new TheBat customers I would
expect TheBat list would have many posts.
Any ideas?
 Joe
 4.2.44.2