On 2/25/2005 Allie wrote:

A> Furthermore, if
A> TB! loaded the images, what would make it compromise the machine more
A> than if Opera were to load those same images?

2/25/2005  9:09 PM

Hi Allie,

If you must click on an icon and wait for a browser to load there is
opportunity to think about your action. On the other hand, since most
people do not even remember lunch it is easy to forget that the images
are loading automatically until there is a problem. I much prefer to
make the choice on a case by case basis. Also, some of those I work
with have a 300 baud shortwave radio connection for email or a 7500
cell phone connection costing 4.5 cents/min. They surely do not want
HTML nor do they need it. They can selectively download attachments
when circumstances warrant it on a case by case basis. If the
configuration files are made inaccessible to the user so they are
protected from themselves, and, none of this stuff is turned on by
default, I might be able to accept the built-in ability as long as
usability and performance are not affected.

--
Take Care,
Paul

The Bat! v.3.0.2.10 on Win2k SP4

 Current beta is 3.0.9.1 Deep Alpha | 'Using TBBETA' information: