Hello Paul!

On Saturday, June 25, 2005, 9:36 AM, you wrote:

AS>> Indeed. RIT aparently thought that thousands and thousands of
AS>> editors were doing it all wrong and invented their own system.

> Change and improvement doesn't happen unless someone is willing to be
> bold enough to go outside the box. There is nothing to say the other
> editors are correct and the TB is wrong. The reverse is also true.
> They _are_ different. So, I prefer MicroEd for email to anything else.

I prefer it, also. And I do believe that one could as easily infer
that the "silent majority" of TB! users prefer MicroEd, as one could
infer the opposite.

I have seen only a vocal minority against it, from time to time,
myself, whether in threads on TBBETA or in threads on TBTECH.

(I am still reading every post on every TB! list--just call me
obsessively engaged! :) )

> I also use OpenOffice and WordPerfect and MetaPad and Notepad. Each
> has its strengths and weaknesses. I certainly don't expect each to
> conform to a single set of conventions. If they did, we would have no
> need for all but one of them. I am certain you do not want to be just
> like me and I can assure you the reverse is also true! 8-}

:) Well said. I use Open Office sometimes, and sometimes I use Word
2000--and I don't mind switching between them, depending on my needs.

Further, sometimes I use Notepad and sometimes I use SmartBat. :)

And sometimes I use Marck D. Pearlstone's BrainStorm.

However, so well does MicroEd meet my needs, that I have never
considered using anything else for composing e-mail messages--ever
since I got TB! and abandoned Eudora Pro 4.0 and Outlook Express, in
October, 2002.

Mary
The Bat 3.5.0.31 on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Service Pack 2