Hello Chris,

On Sunday, June 30, 2002 at 12:01 GMT +0100, aliens probed Chris
Weaven [CW] and found:

CW> Hi Januk,

>>On %QINCLUDE="Date" %QINCLUDE="Time2", which was %ODATE="dddd, %-
>>mmmm d, yyyy ""at"" hh:nn" where I am, %OFROMFNAME %OFROMLNAME %QINCLUDE="Qstyle"
>wrote;

CW> I'd like to add in the initials of the writer after the name, but
CW> only if their client accepts it. Is this possible?

Yes, use this fragment to give attribution line initials or nothing
depending on the client:

%IF:"%SETPATTREGEXP=""(?im-s)^X-Mailer\:.*(Bat!|Becky|Gnus|slrn).*$""%-
REGEXPBLINDMATCH=""%HEADERS""%-
%SUBPATT=""1"""<>"":"[%QINCLUDE='Initials']"

Where Initials is the name of the initials generation template you
use.  There are two in current circulation with recent threads in both
TBTECH and TBUDL giving reference to them.

CW> As you can see, I already have it in the reply template, but it
CW> doesn't seem to work?

What you posted was a code fragment that was poorly formatted.  If
that's the way it was in your template, then it would cause problems.
If the formatting was simply an error when copying and pasting, then
we'd need to take a closer look at the templates.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

OK, I'm weird! But I'm saving up to become eccentric.