Hello Chris,

An archeological dig discovered that on Monday, July 1, 2002 at 18:27
GMT +0100, Chris Weaven [CW] typed the following:

CW> On Monday, July 1, 2002 01:28, which was Monday, July 1, 2002 at
CW> 09:28 where I am, Januk Aggarwal [JA] wrote;
<snip>
CW> As you can see by the above, I now have your initials present on
CW> the attribution line. Yippee

Congrats.

CW> But, I seem to have broken everything else :-(

I don't really see what is "broken".  If you mean that you don't have
the initials in the quotes, then you can use a QuoteStyle macro like:

%QUOTESTYLE='%-
%IF:"%-
%SETPATTREGEXP=""(?im-s)^X-Mailer\:.*(Bat!|Becky|Gnus|slrn).*$""%-
%REGEXPBLINDMATCH=""%HEADERS""%-
%SUBPATT=""1"""<>"":"=%QINCLUDE=""Initials""":"None"'

Just remember to put this somewhere before your %QUOTES macro.

CW> I copied over the template from your link, where you have a series
CW> of 3 QT's. Can you give me a hint of how they all link together as
CW> I had to copy and paste your mail to get this info across! :-(

You mean the Initials, Full Name and Full Name - No AB Entry QTs?
That's fairly simple.  The Initials routine needs a string from which
it will extract the initials.  That string is generated by the Full
Name QT which looks in the address book.  If there isn't an address
book entry then the Full Name QT calls the Full Name - No AB Entry QT
to make sure that the name of the person is returned.  If %OFROMNAME
macro returns an address, only the part before the '@' is returned.

CW> I totally agree with you. Although I'm getting frustrated, I get a
CW> good sense of achievement on completion (should I ever get there!)

You will, soon.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

Was August Mobius so rigid that he could only see one side of a question?