At Friday, October 15, 1999, 9:32:15 PM, \\'alter has typed the gibberish below:

\\'>>> Russia or Poland?
M>> Whatever made you think it was Poland????
a> The  last  names  of the developers and the many responces coming from
a> Poland.

Wrong.

I'm from Poland myself, and let me teach you one thing about Russian
and Polish last names:

1. Polish names NEVER have a "v" (vee) in them.
2. Russian names are easy to read for you! If you read a Russian name,
   let's say, Sheishenko, it sounds fine. Try to read a Polish name!
   Krzysztof Szczyglowski, or Mariusz Mistrzewicz for example!
   That's because the Russian people use an alphabet completely
   different from the 26-letter ASCII and to write their names in
   ASCII they have to convert them to the proper English-style
   phonetics.
   Poland uses ASCII, only extended with 9 special letters. That's why
   Polish names are written as they are in Poland, which makes them
   easy to read by Poles and a horror to read for foreigners (you see,
   Polish pronounciation is WAY different from English).
3. Polish names NEVER end with "-kov". That's a Russian (or
   post-russian, anyway) feature ONLY.  Sure, sure, there ARE
   exceptions, but that's a general rule.
   Most Polish names end with "-ski" or "-cki".

Hope that clears things up a little :P

--

  Zankoku na tenshi no Yoni, shonen yo Shinma ni nare..!  :P~

 |\  /|   /\   \~~~/ \~~~/ \~~~/     WWW: http://maxxx.ii.com.pl