Saturday, October 16, 1999

Hello Alexander,

Saturday, Saturday, October 16, 1999, you wrote:

Alexander V. Kiselev> Hi there!

Alexander V. Kiselev> On 15 Oct 99, at 13:43, Steve Lamb wrote
Alexander V. Kiselev>     about "Re: PGP Check Signature does not wo":

>> Friday, October 15, 1999, 2:32:49 PM, Alexander wrote:
>> > Uhum, my middle name is "Vyatcheslavovitch". Can anybody
>> > pronounce?:-)))
>>
>>     Well, if I were to take a stab at it, with a spoon...
>>
>> V-yaht-cheh-slah-voe-vitch

Alexander V. Kiselev> Okay, almost correct:-) Now get your tongue from where you've
Alexander V. Kiselev> put it in order to pronounce it, position it properly in your
mouth
Alexander V. Kiselev> and give it a little rest, or you'll end up calling 911:-))

Alexander V. Kiselev> Even my students are usually quite unhappy with my full name
Alexander V. Kiselev> (and they are forced to pronounce it regularly:-)) --- and
Alexander V. Kiselev> remember that they are (mostly) Russians:-)))

English isnt the most suitable language to use to pronounce/spell
foreign language pronounciation.... Its kind if irregular even if in
Thailand for the first time I have seen students being taught its
regular with exceptions. Plough/rough and that kind of thing, no doubt
explaining why their English is so lousy.... Exams with multiple
choice even native speakers failed when they tried it just to see why
the kids complained...

Anyway, have a look above.
I answer this mesg and Alexander's full name as he types it stays
blue in my msg, like I just typed it myself. It seems to happen with
long names especially.
How to prevent it????
tracer

Alexander V. Kiselev> SY, Alex
Alexander V. Kiselev> (St.Petersburg, Russia)

Best regards,

tracer

files attached:
<none>