\\\|///
                     / ~ _ \
                    (- O o -)
------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------------------------
Hello Steve,

>> Well, it does have advantages over the ini-concept (no 64k-limit,
>> additional data-types,...)
SL>     Those limits are arbitrary.
not if you use the microsoft-routines for accessing ini-files... (if
you use just a write/read then it's limited to 4GB)

>> Personaly: the registry concept is a good thing for certain programs
>> (office & stuff like that) & it surely does have it advantages
>> (everything is stored in a single place, making things much easier for
>> programmers etc)
SL>     Those "advantages" aren't exclusive to the registry.
What has these advantages too?
(i mean user-specific settings that also work on an nt-network with
server-based user-profiles for example)

SL>     Or the fact that you want to move a program from one drive to another
SL> because one drive is getting close to full.  I'm sorry, but anything which
SL> breaks because of basic system maintenance should be grounds for castration.
Indeed, but there are utils that fix these things (I know, it should
have been provided by MS...)

--
 Der Immer Jodelende Schweizer In Lederhosen
 Roel                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 If you ain't Moslem, you ain't Shiite.

                 .oooO
                 (   )   Oooo.
                         (_/