Hello Steve Lamb,

On  Thursday,  February  10,  2000  at  08:28:19  GMT  -0800  (which was
10/02/2000 23:28 GMT +0700 my Local Time) you told to the list:

>> Why we can't set priority of my own message ?

SL> You later bounce it to someone else and they get the impression that
SL> the  original  author  placed an importance greater, or lesser, than
SL> what they actually did.

At  the  time  the  "high  priority"  arrive,  we  know  the author need
attention for his/her message (that is his/her priority), but after that
it  depend  on  us to decide the message is "high priority" to answer or
not, doesn't it ?

>> It's break the RFC rule ?

SL>     The basic rule of don't munge the data.

So,  as  far as The Bat! notify us with "right priority", will not break
RFC rule.

SL>>>     I have an idea, go back to Eudora.

>> Never really use it, explain why must use Eudora why not The Bat! ?
>> What's Eudora advantage for this things.

SL>     You described Eudora's priority system verbatim.

I    just   check   Eudora   Light   3.05,   you   right  it has 5 level
and  can change the tag; Netscape 4.71 5-level (can change the tag), and
Pegasus 3.12b only 2-level but have coloring and annotation (I like it).
Outlook2000  have  3,  can  change  tag, Outlook Express 5 have 3, can't
change the tag.

Any   complaint   from  Eudora/Netscape/Pegasus/Outlook200  about  this
"feature" yet ?

How about *nix MUA, such Mutt, ELM or others ?

>> Who said it is a PIM ?

SL> "To-Do  List"  One  of  the basic components of the PIM is the to-do
SL> list.

I see, you can say as scrathpad or whatever you like :-).

But  look  :  I  send  and receive FAXes using E-mail, all office report
using e-mail (we use internal mail list here), and in the near future we
will   implement   "workflow",  so  most  of  procedure  (such  purchase
requisition, absences etc) will use e-mail transport. So it worth for me
if we have coloring system in our E-mail, at least change the tagging of
priority.

>> Change the tagging flag makes The Bat bloat ?
>> Makes more than 3 level of priority makes The Bat bloat ?

SL> Why  change  it  to 5? Why not take the Franklin approach and have 5
SL> major priorities with 10 minor priorities in each!

:-) 5 is enough for me, but if coloring and annotation like Pegasus will
appreciate.

SL> No,  wait,  wait, let's go for a scale based on currently know prime
SL> number!  Yeah!!!  Yeah!!!!  That's it! 5 levels isn't enough for me,
SL> let's go for 3249827532459872345983427!!!!

SL>     Do you get it yet?

Whoaho ...

--
- Syafril -
Name    : Syafril Hermansyah     | Company : Duta Integrasi Pratama

Using The Bat! 1.41 Beta/3 under Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195

Created : Thursday, February 10, 2000, 23:49:25