Hello Achdut18,

https://www.batboard.net/index.php/Thread/13294-TB-4-2-44-2-kann-pl%C3%B6tzlich-keine-Mails-mehr-versenden-1-1-gmx/

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/United-Internet-verschaerft-Spam-Bekaempfung-3225281.html
HF>> (German)

> If you recall, I initiated this thread last week when I was unable
> to send messages from four of 24 accounts.  (Harald changed the
> subject line.)   Today, I spoke with tech support at 1and1.com.   I
> also shared with them the links, below.   After being on hold for
> over a half hour this is what I learned:

> 1.  On Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 1and1.com initiated SPF protocol.
> You can Google "SPF Protocol" to learn more about what SPF protocol
> is, but in general, it is "is an anti-spam approach in which the
> Internet domain of an e-mail sender can be authenticated for that
> sender, thereby discouraging spam mailers, who routinely disguise
> the origin of their e-mail, a practice known as e-mail spoofing. SPF
> and other anti-spoofing initiatives, such as Domain Keys, work by
> making it easier for a mail server to determine when a message came
> from a domain other than the one claimed."   See
> http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/Sender-Policy-Framework .

> 2.  Following numerous complaints from customers, 1and1.com, on
> Friday, June 3, 2016, rolled back their system to the setting in
> place prior to implementation of SPF protocol.

> 3.  Notwithstanding the rollback, the tech support representative
> acknowledged that a number of users, such as myself, are still
> unable to send e-mail.  She also acknowledged that others who
> attempt to send e-mail to user accounts will experience a bounce
> back, even if not all mail sent to a user account is bounced back.
> Indeed, that has been my experience: I have received several reports
> of individuals not being able to send e-mail to my 1and1.com
> accounts, even though some mail has been getting through to these accounts.

> The tech support representative said that upper level
> administrators were trying to determine how to correct this problem
> but did not have any answers at this time.  She promised to get back to me
> within 24 to 48 hours.

> So, it remains to be seen if there will be a fix.  In the meantime,
> later reports on this thread suggest that upgrading to the latest
> version of The Bat has solved the problem for some, so I will be
> trying that as well.   I have also experienced some instability in
> the current version, which I will discuss in a separate thread,
> which is another reason I intend to upgrade shortly.

Thanks for the effort and for reporting it back here.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 7.1.18.3 (BETA)
under Windows 10.0 Build 10586