Hallo BillG,

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 00:26:54 -0400 GMT (10/09/00, 12:26 +0800 GMT),
BillG wrote:

B> 1) Is there no NewMail indicator?  I see the animated icon and the
B> Ticker - but they are triggered by Unread mail, not NEW mail.

OK, The Bat! assumes that any unread mail is "new". Therefore,
"unread" and "new" messages are treated the same way. However, if you
have found how to indicate by sound when a new mail has arrived, you
can also create a filter catching all incoming messages and run an
external program (Account/Sorting Office/Incoming Mail/New). As
"filering string" in "rule" you choose a catch-all, for example "@"
present in 'kludges' (TB's word for 'headers'). Then under the Action
tab, you click on "Run external program" and have your coffee machine
make a double espresso. ;-)

B> 2) Why can't I rearrange the order of my folders?

Hold down the ALT key while dragging them.

B> 3) I can't find a "view source" function.  I see that I can view the
B> RFC-822 headers - that is good.  But I'd like to be able to view the
B> entire raw data of any message.  Is that possible?  Every other mail
B> reader that I've used has that ability.

Email: headers + body = raw message. HTML: some picture thing.

However, if you tick Options/External Image Viewer, any HTML
attachment will open in you favourite browser in which you can view
the source.

B> 4) the built-in html viewer doesn't seem to work very well?
B> I get weather reports and comics and such from infobeat.com.
B> They come in HTML form.  TheBat can't seem to render the files.
B> Why?  Netscape mail, Eudora, OE, all render those messages just fine.

The viewer works perfectly, only in TB. If the images are sent with
the message, they will be shown. However, often enough they are not,
and the email client is required to conntact to the internet and "get"
these images. NS, Eudora and OE do that, and we dont' like it: it's a
security problem. We don't want TB to do this.

B> 5) Is the toolbar configurable?  I can't see how to do it.

AFAIK I think it's not configurable. But we do have a wish list. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM